The Nation magazine seeks a highly organized, intelligent and resourceful Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to a senior executive with an exceptionally demanding schedule. Duties include reviewing and handling correspondence and phone calls, screening calls and emails, preparing for meetings and conferences, conducting internet research, maintaining files and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in publishing or a related communications field
- Three + years experience working for executive staff
- A college degree or equivalent in work experience
- A calm and professional demeanor
- Works well under deadline pressure
- Good judgment, humor and maturity
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of the internet and the ability to do internet research
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer programs
- A strong interest in current events and progressive politics
Salary will be based on experience. The Nation offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in an intellectually challenging environment.
The Nation is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and persons of color strongly encouraged to apply. Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to AdminAssist@thenation.com. No phone calls please.