Berrett-Koehler is an independent publisher in the San Francisco Bay Area, celebrating our 22th anniversary this year. We are dedicated to an ambitious mission: Creating a World that Works for All. Through our innovative books in business, current affairs, and personal growth, we strive to challenge conventional thinking, introduce new ideas, and foster positive change on individual, organizational, and societal levels. We offer a work environment that is participative, flexible, and creative. We have about 675 books in print, publish about 40 new titles per year, have a staff of 26, and are a leader in digital publishing and online community building. We are seeking a sales and marketing assistant to become a valuable member of our sales and marketing team.
- Help maintain and advance the BK mission through supporting the sales and marketing efforts of our trade distributor, staff, and authors.
- Prepare and communicate accurate marketing information on our new titles and backlist titles to our key sales partners: our trade bookstore distributor, Ingram Publisher Services, and our direct sales fulfillment warehouse.
- Oversee the accuracy of title information in online databases and on bookseller websites.
- Create sales and marketing plans, reports, and promotion pieces for our authors and coordinate with them to gather endorsements.
- Prepare sales and marketing analysis of our trade distributors’ sales on a weekly basis.
- Submit our books for awards throughout the year.
- Oversee our monthly launch meeting schedules and preparations.
- Oversee our exhibit planning for several trade shows per year.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to organize and manage many different responsibilities.
- Must have undergraduate college degree.
- Must be proficient at Office Suite for Mac (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and Filemaker Pro or other database experience.
- Experience with HTML a plus.
- 1—2 years experience in book sales or marketing a plus.
The preferred start date for this position is April or May 2014 (TBD).
- Salary $36,712
- Health, Dental, Disability and Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account plan, 401K and ESOP
To be considered, you must send resume and a detailed cover letter via email (several pages long if necessary), stating why you are interested in the position, your qualifications, your salary requirements, how you have been successful in similar jobs (please be specific about your accomplishments), and your personal qualities that account for your success to:
Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Attn: Ginger Winters
Put in subject line: Sales & Marketing Assistant
See our website for further information: http://www.bkconnection.com
Berrett-Koehler Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.