Be a Social Media Intern for Berrett-Koehler Publishers this Fall!
As our Social Media Intern, you’ll learn how to use programs that our marketing and publicity team uses to reach new readers (and entertain the current ones), while getting an insider’s view of the book publishing industry. We’ll coach you how to create killer posts and analyze their impact with analytics tools.
The icing on the cake? We guarantee you’ll walk away with a diverse portfolio of work!
You’re going to learn how to do these cool things:
· Create “book trailer” videos in iMovie
· Use Photoshop and our company branding guidelines to create fun sharable graphics to promote upcoming books and events
· Launch a new book on social media, including Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and more
· Organize and promote webinar events and AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions with authors
Who We Are:
Berrett-Koehler Publisher’s Inc. is a mission-driven publishing company that specializes in books that make the world a better place. Our books call for change in society, reform in business, and transformation in individual’s lives. We don’t mean to brag (ok, maybe a little), but our interns love us. Just check out these blogposts from recent interns:
We didn’t even have to bribe them to write these!
· Please note we compensate our interns in school credit, not money, so you must be a current student. All majors welcome.
· Basic Photoshop skills
· Familiarity/enjoyment of social media
· Strong sense of humor
· Cares about our company’s mission
· Basic iMovie skills preferred
If you would like to apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Instead of a long cover letter, simply write 1-3 sentences on why you’d like to be our Social Media intern.
· Give us links to any public social media profiles you might have (no need to share private profiles). Now’s a good time to set any photos including red cups to “private” :).
· Attach a resumé.
· Attach or link some samples of Photoshop and/or iMovie work you’ve completed. Things you have done for school, outside school, etc.