Assist the New World Library marketing/publicity department in implementing the publicity, online promotion, and social media strategies for books and audio products published by New World Library and H J Kramer. This full-time position reports to the publicity director in the Novato, CA offices.
- Develop and implement effective publicity strategies and campaigns for trade PB reissues and gift titles
- Maintain publicity databases and create press material and media lists
- Liaison between publicists and production department to create collateral publicity/promotional material
- Work with social media manager to maintain a regular stream of content on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Build up the company’s Goodreads and Bookish presence
- Work with publicists to regularly update select sections of NewWorldLibrary.com (blog, featured titles, author pages)
- Work with select NWL authors to create online promotion strategies and unify messaging into a cohesive online presence
- Work with the marketing director on SEO initiatives to drive search results and discoverability
- Field all advertising queries and gather ad rates and market data for marketing director, as requested.
- Explore and develop new online advertising and merchandising opportunities
- Negotiate favorable ad rates and schedule ads with print/online publications, including seasonal holiday catalogs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A college degree or equivalent experience
- Must have 2 years experience in publicity or marketing
- Proven written and oral communication skills (writing samples/assessment will be required)
- A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work as a team and individually
- Ability to travel as needed for events and conferences
- Knowledge of Acumen (or other relational database program preferred)
Please send cover letter and resume to Monique M. Muhlenkamp – Monique@NewWorldLibrary.com